Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We're Behind....But for good reason

I know there are many family members and friends who must be sick of checking the blog only to find no new posts. My sincerest apologies, but would it help to know that we've had quite the past 2 months? Not to mention a sick last couple weeks. I got mastitis right before Thanksgiving (a breast infection....really not fun. I got it twice with Norah, but not at all with Ellis until now. He's 7 months! So weird that I would get it now). Then, just as that recovery was looking up, Jason and I both got some MAJOR food poisoning over the weekend. It was horrid. The food poisoning diet is highly effective but NOT recommended--how else could you lose 5 lbs. over Thanksgiving weekend? We had taken Norah to McDonald's around the corner so she could play on the playground on Saturday night and I had a cheeseburger and gave Jason some and, let's just say, we WEREN'T "lovin' it." Well, I guess that's what we get for reneging on our McDonald's ban after seeing Super Size Me a few years ago. Thank GOODNESS we have family around to help (thank you MOM!!!!!). Today I'm a little better, at least have enough energy to sit upright and do a quick post. The kids are healthy thankfully, although Ellis has been throwing up today while acting completely normal and energetic. Hope it doesn't develop into anything else.


So, until I get some new posts up, here's a quick look at what we've been up to:
  • Halloween was fun
  • Thanksgiving was great
  • Norah's in a big girl bed!
  • Ellis is days away from figuring out how to crawl!
  • Jason accepted a call to be a seminary teacher back in October. He teaches the freshmen an early morning bible study before they go to school. They're studying the New Testament this year. He has about 20 kids in his class and is really enjoying it even with the early morning part (the teacher devotional starts at 6:15. Yikes!). The kids love him and he loves them.
  • With the economy the way it is, the developer market is non-existent. Redfern closed shop and Jason's been trying to figure out what direction to go next. Most likely he'll be going back to school to get his MBA in fall, so he's started studying for the GMAT while continuing to look out for job opportunities.
  • SO, now we're trying to decide what to do with our house. Rent it out while we go to school, or sell it?

See, I told you there was good reason for the delay in new posts! But, amongst all of the changes in our lives, we still have so much to be thankful for. I'm so thankful for our wonderful family who is so loving and supportive. I'm grateful for my funny, sweet, and darling kids who make everything else less important. And I'm especially blessed to have such a wonderful husband. He's a great father, a hard worker, a worthy priesthood holder, a charitable and trustworthy friend, and a loving, supportive husband who can always make me laugh. What else really matters?!

Anyway, thanks for your patience. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.....I promise!

4 comments:

mommy said...

sorry about the sickness - and any other "stresses". good to know you still have what's important! love to you all....
kathy

jordan and maci said...

girl, you know we're thinking of you guys often. way to keep such wonderful perspective through it all!

Sarah Jayne said...

Wow... you have had your plate full! I hope things are looking up, health-wise. The economy sucks doesn't it! Hey...you guys should go to the same grad school as us! Then we can be friends again! Jon just signed up to retake the GMAT at the end of December...so fun to study for that one.

karisadarling said...

Sounds like you are a busy bunch over there. We miss you guys and I vote that Jason comes to Souther California to school.