Our sweet, lovable, funny girl turned 2 last week. It's hard to believe that 2 years ago on July 15th at 8:03pm she joined us. Funny how it seems like yesterday and so long ago all at the same time. So, here are some of our favorite things about our favorite girl:
- How affectionate she is. She is truly the most affectionate and loving little thing. Everyday I get tons of unsolicited hugs and kisses from her. "A hug, Mommy! A kiss, Mommy!"
- Her squeezes. For a long time we've played the squeezing game with her (who can love squeeze the hardest). I keep thinking that someday she's really going to figure out how to squeeze, but no luck so far. She makes this face like she's squeezing really hard and even shakes a little but you feel absolutely nothing on your arms.
- Her dimples.
- Her dancing. She would dance with me all day if I would agree. By the way, how come all those years of dance classes don't make ANY difference when I'm dancing at home with my 2 year old. I couldn't feel more ungraceful. She doesn't care one bit though so I guess what does it matter....
- Instead of saying "music" she calls it "muse-e-mock." Don't ask me why. I love it though. Jason tries to correct her and I won't let him. It's just too funny. She's a ridiculously good talker, no need to correct her on that one. I also love "Cindabrella." She says it with such authority, like, "Yeah, that's her name mom. Why do you keep asking?" I also love that she says "No way." All the time now. She uses it when she thinks something is silly or can't believe it, "No waaaayyyyy." "Mommy, I want some chap-chip" is also fun (her request for chapstick).
- How much she loves her Daddy. Today she asked me where Daddy was and I asked her where she thought he was. "Church?" No. "Grandma and Grandpas?" No, he's at work. "Daddy's at work. Daddy a doctor?" Don't know where she got that, but it was pretty cute. She's THRILLED when she hears the garage door opening. Definitely a Daddy's girl.
- How much she loves her brother.
- Her singing. I think Sunbeam is my favorite. Twinkle, Twinkle, Wheels on the bus, the Frowny Face song, and Jingle Bells are some of my other favorites. (see post below)
- Her prayers. They are so tender and honest. They always include lots of family members and things that happened in the day, including things that are important to a toddler like presents, playdough, carebears, park, etc. She never let's us forget to say them before going to bed and even frequently requests a prayer before nap time.
- Her love of books. She's my bookworm. I can't tell you how many times I hear "Mommy, read books? Mommy, let's read books!" in a day.
- Her enthusiasm. She gets excited about just about everything. If I say, "Norah, would you like to go to the store with Mommy?" her typical response is to bend down, jump up really high while yelping "Yes! Yes!" and pumping her fists in the air followed by a "That sounds like a good idea!"
- Her belly laugh. When we tickle her she says "No tickle MMMeeeeEEEE!" The inflection is so funny.
Happy Birthday, Norah! We love you to pieces. Today I was reading her books and as she was getting off the bed to get another one I was smiling at her and thinking of how much fun she is. She got off the bed and turned back to me and said "I make Mommy happy." So true, Norah. You do make us happy. We're lucky to have such a darling girl (tantrums and all). We love you!!!