Sunday, June 1, 2008

Norah & Ellis Meet



Note: I tried to post this weeks ago, but it wasn't working for some reason. Hope you still enjoy...

We couldn't wait to get home to introduce Norah and little Ellis. We decided not to have Norah visit us at the hospital since we were there for such a short time. Plus I didn't want it to be a tramatic experience in case she got sad that Mommy couldn't come home with her right then. When we got home on Tuesday afternoon, her reaction to him couldn't have been sweeter. After giving him lots of hugs and kisses and telling us how "cute!" the baby was she went into the toy closet and picked out her favorite toys to show him (a bunny and 2 dinasours....yes, my girly girly has a fasination with dinasours which is quite hilarious) and then gave him a demonstration of her amazing jumping skills. After about 15 minutes of us being home she turned to me and said, "He came out!" At first I didn't understand what she said, but when I understood I told her yes and asked her where he was. "The tummy!" was her answer. So cute! We've talked to her a lot over the past months about her brother and how he was going to come out to see her, but I wasn't quite sure if she would put it all together once he got here since she won't even be 2 until July. She's always surprising us! We brought her home a "present" from baby Ellis which was a baby doll that is amazingly real with true baby-like movements and noises. So far she's been MUCH more interested in the REAL baby, but that's okay. Especially since she has been very gentle and soft with him...no incidents to report yet! I just love to watch how excited she is about her brother and how concerned she is when he's crying. She's good at reporting what he's doing: "He wake up!" "Mommy, he's coughing," "Mommy, he hungry," and "He open eyes!!" My favorite is how she says that he's "tickling" her when he's moving his hands around. She gets really close to him to give him hugs and kisses and when he flails in her direction she laughs and says, "He tickles!"  I can't imagine how thrilled she'll be when he can actually react to her.

I look like a big dork in the freeze frame of this video, but I will sacrifice and publish for your benefit.  :)

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks for braving the freeze frame to post this video.

jordan and maci said...

so fun chrissie-- i miss you guys!

Sarah Jayne said...

That was the cutest. Don't you hate where those videos choose to freeze?