Friday, February 22, 2008

The Joys of Pregnancy

Out of the many fun and exciting things about being prego, my sleeping schedule is not one of them. Early on, I wake up 3 to 4 times a night to pee. And I mean really early on--like before I even know I'm pregnant. Why, you might ask, do I need to pee so frequently when there is barely a baby in there? Who in the world knows....

Now that I am nearing the end (due April 19th....less than 8 weeks away) things aren't any prettier. Tonight for example I woke up at 3:40, laid in bed wide awake until 5:15, and finally got up and decided to catch-up on my blog reading. There are only 2 benefits to this torture that I can see. First, at least it prepares you for when you are waking up every 2 hours to feed your precious little newborn. For the first few weeks after I had Norah I ironically felt MUCH more rested than I had in months. And second, maybe all of this middle of the night insomnia will give me some time to update our blog!

Well, sweet dreams for now...

11 comments:

Darren, Tisha, Tanner & Tennyson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darren, Tisha, Tanner & Tennyson said...

Hey, you're back! This is D by the way. Glad to see you're back to the blogging world. Hope all is going well for you guys. Give Norah a big hug for me. If Jason is sulking, give him one too.

Darren, Tisha, Tanner & Tennyson said...

My first comment was stupid and I spelled some words wrong, so I had to delete it!

Melody said...

Chrissie, hooray! I'm glad you're gonna be blogging-I used to do it in the middle of the night too :) Can't wait to meet your little guy.

Whitney said...

I look on your blog all the time to see if its updated. Finally!

I knew as soon as I posted that last blog that I would be forgetting someone and I thought, "This probably isn't a good idea." We'll give you a proper shout out. And we do still have you Christmas card on the fridge. That should count for something.

P.S. I can't wait to meet the newest Brown when he arrives.

Shauna said...

yay chrissie! 4 in one day?? thats impressive.

loving the blog stalking, its so much easier than actually keeping in touch...KIDDING! Hope i see you when im out in folsom for easter. My brother is getting married. WEIRD.

Dianna said...

Yeah! I'm glad to see Brown family updates! Can't wait to see what you post next. :-)

Shewi128 said...

Wow--where did all of these blogs come from? Nice job finally giving us an update.. :)

Monica Mary said...

Chrissie! I think you will remember me but who knows? I was your EFY counselor years and years ago. It seems you must have gotten married soon after that because you have been married 5 years. We are also from the same hometown I think. i found you through a bunch of people I know like Kaisa. You look great and your little Norah is darling. Congrats on number 2-you'll love it. Hope to chat again soon, Monica

Sarah Jayne said...

Wow...I had to make sure I had the right blog when I saw all the new posts! Thanks for updating...I guess I could call once in a while too.
I still need a picture of the pregnant belly. Can't wait for Baby Boy Brown. Do you have names???

Harmony said...

So in your blog surfing did you check out mine (the roundbook one, I have a blogger one, just in case people are looking for me)? If not, do! You'll know that I'm feeling some empathy for you.