Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Haircuts

It's been haircut season at the Brown's. Ellis got his first haircut at a young 2 1/2 months back in July, and Norah got her first haircut at just over 2 years old a couple weeks ago. Here's the story:


So, our sweet Ellis had crazy hair. Basically it was the classic male-pattern-baldness. LOTS on the side, lots in the back, and nothing but peach-fuzz up front. To be honest I thought it was cute, he was like my little old man. But eventually, it was getting out of control. Case 1:


Case 2: This is totally the standard I'm-so-unhappy, I'm-so-chubby, I-hate-my-life "before" picture that people always use for make-over shows and advertisements.


And so, the haircut began.....


And ended....


And Mom was a little sad....at first. I quickly grew to like it, but he just looked so different at first. And plus it made him look so much older. I mean, he's only 2 1/2 months in these pictures, but he looks like he should be crawling!


And Daddy loved it. He's not shy about showing his emotions. Sorry about the goofy picture, honey. It's partially my fault--I told him to look excited. Mission accomplished. :)


So then it was Norah's turn. She really just needed a trim. When her hair was down it had started looking a little straggly and unkempt. It's so hard to cut off those baby curls though! Here's the before:


During:


After:

She did very well and sat relatively still during her haircut (thanks to crackers and a sucker). She refused to put on the smock, which even had cute penguins on it, but oh well. I made a pretty big deal about the whole thing and kept telling her she got to go to a "fancy salon" to get her haircut. Two weeks later she is still talking about it. "I got a haircut, Mommy." "Yes, Norah, you're hair looks SO pretty." "Thanks, Mommy." Here's the best picture I could find of the back of her hair now. Still has curls!


Well, that's all for the baby makeovers for now.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

oh my gosh chrissie your kids couldnt be cuter.. seriously wow.

karisadarling said...

Norah & Ellis are the cutest kids ever! I love how nervous Norah looks while she is getting her hair cut.

If you check out our blog we put a bunch of pictures up from your visit.

We miss you guys already!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Ellis's hair cut!!! LOVE.

Sarah Jayne said...

Ellis DOES look older! Isn't so hard to cut their hair? Your kids are so adorable. Squeeze 'em for me!

Whitney said...

You should have buzzed Nora too, then she could be an "edgy" liberal. I wonder where she is getting exposure to political baby propaganda?

Dayna Jamison said...

I miss your kids so much! How in the heck did Norah know Obamma's name?? Someone in your fam is trying to brain wash her. :)